Current vacancies following Christine Higgs & Russell McCann’s resignations. Please review the link below for more information.
Upper Rissington Parish Council could have 11 members, currently there are 6 acting members in office.
Ordinary local council elections take place every four years. The most recent election took place in May 2019 and the next are due in 2023. Vacancies that occur between ordinary elections can be filled by election, if residents want an election, or co-option.
- January 10, 2020
- November 14, 2019
- November 8, 2019
Interested in being a councillor?
Councillors must be:
- Aged 18 or over;
- A citizen of the UK, Commonwealth, EU or Ireland;
- On the electoral roll, or reside in the parish, or own land or work in or within 3 miles of the parish;
- Not disqualified from holding public office.
- Be able to attend regular evening meetings (one meeting per month plus others as required);
- Be interested in local issues, preferably not just a single issue;
- Have an understanding and willingness to represent the views of the whole community; and
- Have a willingness to be a professional and effective councillor.
Please contact the council if you would like to find out more about being a councillor and working for your community.