Please find below today’s update from Bovis Homes on completion of the public open spaces in Upper Rissington. Changes since the previous update are highlighted:
Area 1 – Officers Mess Playing Fields
- Playground has been inspected and report passed back to TCL. There are a few unexpected items to rectify before opening which will be completed at the earliest convenience. I am now hopeful of opening this play park by the end of November.
- Footpaths are ongoing to the area, expected completion by the end of November. This also incorporates the section of footpath linking Longmore Walk and the playing fields (this section may fall into early December now).
Area 2 – Officers Mess Surround
- Rear will be completely tidied, top soiled and seeded to make good.
- Front will be rotavated and seeded.
- This is an area of priority for us and we hope to have this done within the month.
Area 3 – Allotments and tennis courts
- Allotment footpaths are all established, ground prep still to complete for allotments, main gate to install and water feed to finalise.
- Tennis court fencing complete. White lining and nets to be completed nearer to hand over to avoid vandalism.
- Footpaths to complete when water feed is finalised.
- This is another area that is a priority for us. Again, we are hoping to have this area complete by end of the year.
Area 6 – LEAP 4
- Equipment in place, awaiting fencing, willow tunnel, benches and tidy of weed area to the rear of the play park.
Area 8 & 9
- These areas are next on our agenda to start.
- Generally we have fallen behind the programme. I have asked TCL to draw a new programme up and issue to me, as soon as I have this I will pass it on. Chased 19/11/2019.
EMG & Pond
- 2no trees have been felled. Update 27 Nov: EMG are due back on site week commencing 2 December.