Please find below today’s update from Bovis Homes on completion of the public open spaces in Upper Rissington. Changes since the previous update are highlighted:
Area 1 – Officers Mess Playing Fields
- Playground was delayed a little due to the ropes for the climbing frame being too short… and we are now waiting for 16no caps to finish this particular bit of equipment off. Again I am hoping to have this inspected and signed off next week, however I do not have a concrete date from TCL.
- Footpaths are ongoing to the area, expected completion by the end of November. This also incorporates the section of footpath linking Longmore Walk and the playing fields.
Area 2 – Officers Mess Surround
- Rear will be completely tidied, top soiled and seeded to make good.
- Front will be rotavated and seeded.
- This is an area of priority for us and we hope to have this done within the month
Area 3 – Allotments and tennis courts
- Allotment footpaths are all established, ground prep still to complete for allotments, main gate to install and water feed to finalise.
- Tennis court fencing will complete next week. White lining and fencing to be completed nearer to hand over to avoid vandalism.
- Footpaths to complete when water feed is finalised.
- This is another area that is a priority for us. Again, we are hoping to have this area complete by end of November.
Area 6 – LEAP 4
- Equipment in place, awaiting fencing and clearance of weed area to the rear of the play park.
Area 8 & 9
- These areas are next on our agenda to start.
- Generally we have fallen behind the programme. I have asked TCL to draw a new programme up and issue to me, as soon as I have this I will pass it on.
EMG & Pond
We have placed the order today for the felling of the 2no trees that obstruct our foul line diversion. We are just awaiting a date from the tree surgeon; when we have this EMG’s return to site will be planned.